Check Out That Noise!
New noises under your hood, a sudden decrease in performance, or a dashboard warning light are all symptoms of possible engine problems.
Whenever you hear a new or unusual sound, take action. Bring your vehicle to Excalibur to ensure your safety and your vehicle’s reliability. Our ASE Certified Master Technicians will figure out what’s making that noise and get it fixed before it leads to more costly repairs.
- Squeal: A sudden sharp squeal could mean a problem with your power steering.
- Squeak: Belts squeak when they need to be replaced. Water pumps, tensioners, idlers, and alternators also have bearings that squeak when they fail.
- Ticking: A ticking sound could mean low oil pressure, insufficient engine lubricant, or a timing belt which is starting to wear out.
- Heavy Knock: A heavy knock or pounding sound is usually a connecting rod or main bearing failure, caused by excessive wear.
- Clang: Gears will make a clanging noise when they’re not working together correctly: one gear comes to a sudden stop because the other gear didn’t move when it was supposed to. Clang!
Excalibur Engine Repair Services
We offer a full range of engine repair services – from basic maintenance and tune-ups to complete engine replacement.
- Timing Belt Replacement
- Water Pump Replacement
- Diesel Repairs
- Engine Tune-ups
- Engine Replacement
- Performance Enhancements
- Fuel Injection Cleaning
- Interval Service: 6k/12k/30k/60k/90k/100k Miles
- Full Service Synthetic Oil Changes
- Lube Service
- Fluid Flushes
- Filter & Belt Replacements
Check Engine Warning Light
The Check Engine dashboard warning light indicates that one of your vehicle systems is not operating properly. Your engine’s computer has set a Diagnostic Trouble Code, which requires a professional scanning tool.
We offer FREE code reading scans. Bring us your vehicle so we can professionally diagnose and repair your problem.
Check Engine Light appearance:
- Flashing Check Engine Light (blinking on and off) requires immediate attention.
- Solid/Glowing Check Engine Light should be professionally inspected as soon as possible.
- Red Check Engine Light is a more serious condition.
- Yellow or Amber Check Engine Light should be inspected as soon as possible.
If you suspect a problem with your vehicle’s engine, it’s best to get it checked out as soon as possible. Small problems left untreated can turn into more expensive repairs, or a safety issue. Bring your vehicle to Excalibur. Our ASE Certified Master Technicians can diagnose your problem, make the necessary repairs, and ensure your safety and your vehicle’s reliability.
Learn more about Dashboard Warning Lights
Excalibur Engine Repair Customers Say . . .
I have had a long standing problem with my check engine light coming on. They were able to get to the cause and the light is out and I’m confident it will stay off.
Barbara D.Toyota ECHO
I really appreciate that For years, the Team at Excalibur has treated Marilyn, my Mercedes 1981/380SL with true tender loving care. The last episode, her Hot Flashes and other maladies really had me worried; but Excalibur diagnosed and repaired her conditions correctly & treated her in reasonably quick turn-around. This and many previous occasions I needed service for my 4 vehicles, even when parts were not easily available, the Team at Excalibur have come through like Champs!
Tony M.Mercedes-Benz 380SL
I brought in my 4Runner expecting to be laughed away at the idea of bringing it back to life. The Excaliber team quickly assured me they could not only bring it back to good condition they would make it dependable and once again a great vehicle. James went above and beyond finding parts and keeping me posted about what was being done and if certain things were taking a minute he made sure to keep me fully informed. I have been driving the 4Runner around and have to say that Excaliber made my dream come true with this repair! I look forward to working with the Excaliber team they are truly a well oiled beast of a repair machine. Thank you!