Is Synthetic Motor Oil Better?
AMSOIL synthetic lubricants deliver exceptional protection and performance for your vehicles. They also provide remarkable environmental benefits.
Synthetic = Fewer Oil Changes
AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are formulated to resist chemical break down, guard against oil consumption and neutralize contaminants better than conventional oils, resulting in longer life. AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil, for example, is guaranteed for 25,000 miles/700 hours of operation/one year, whichever comes first, in normal service. By safely extending oil-change intervals, Signature Series dramatically reduces waste oil.
Synthetic = Reduced Emissions
The high heat inside a running engine causes its engine oil to evaporate. When engine oil evaporates, it produces tailpipe emissions. AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are less volatile than conventional oil – they evaporate more slowly. This helps to cut tailpipe emissions and air pollution.
Synthetic = Better Fuel Economy
Unlike conventional oil, AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are engineered with pure molecular structures that allow their molecules to slip more easily over one another, resulting in less restriction to moving engine parts. Less restriction reduces the amount of energy lost to friction, increasing fuel economy and benefiting the environment.
AMSOIL Goes a Step Further
AMSOIL’s commitment to the environment extends beyond its products. Their manufacturing and environmental management systems, are registered to the ISO 14001:2004 standard. AMSOIL closely monitors its environmental impact and continuously improves it:
- Plastic product containers are made of post-consumer resins
- Cardboard packaging boxes from the Sustainable Forestry Initiative dramatically reduce waste
- SmartWay® shipping reduces emissions equivalent to taking 166 cars off the roads annually.
- Less than 10 percent of AMSOIL’s corporate and manufacturing waste ends up in a landfill.
- AMSOIL’s 400,000 square foot facility in Superior, Wisconsin produces only one dumpster load of waste every six weeks.